How To Manage Remote Teams PerformanceOct 26, 2022
Remote working is the future. At this point, it’s beyond argument: research suggests that 50% of the US workforce will soon be remote, and around three-quarters of global companies already offer flexible working options.
Having a team that is distributed around the world has its own challenges. Managing a remote team is no easy task, but I'm going to make running your remote business that much easier by providing 5 helpful tools to manage, stay on top of your team's tasks, and ultimately help you scale remotely.
Tool 1: Monday.com CRM system
- Monday.com is awesome for CRM everything!
- From project management to recruitment systemization and everything in between.
- You can use Mondday.com to delegate tasks, put a time frame on the tasks, keep track of progress and integrate everything into the platform such as google drive, zoom, HubSpot and so many more awesome integrations.
- Monday.com is awesome for bigger teams but if you are currently building your team and don’t want the hassle of transitioning at a later stage, then this platform would be my recommendation for managing your team.
- Check out Monday.com here.
In our online program Hiring Method Simplified, we use Monday.com for the entire recruitment system, we literally just copy and paste the whole system into Monday.com for super easy management of the hiring process.
Tool 2: Trello
- Trello is awesome if you are on a budget because it allows you to have up to 20 free boards per workspace.
- Trello lets you organize and prioritize tasks and projects, and then tracks your team's progress from one clean space.
- It’s particularly useful for setting up remote team workflows, allocating tasks, and uploading documents.
- Everyone has full visibility over team efforts and you can invite different team members and departments to different boards.
Tool 3: Timely
- Timely is great to see exactly where your remote employees spend all their time.
- Unlike traditional time tracking, Timely tracks everything employees work on automatically and uses AI to create time sheets for them.
- Each employee’s overtime, workload, activity, and capacity can be followed from the global “People dashboard”, ensuring you always know what people are working on and if they need support.
- Timely is also super useful for tracking employee KPIs.
Tool 4: Slack
- Which is the digital equivalent of talking face-to-face.
- Slack is essential for quick everyday communication and coordination. It’s the go-to tool for solving small blockers, sharing quick updates, and staying in the loop. Just make sure it doesn’t become unruly and unproductive.
- Have a separate slack room for chit-chat and make sure that your team uses that room only for chit-chat, you can dedicate time frames for the chit-chat in your business.
Tool 5: loom
- loom is a super cool and easy way to quickly demonstrate a task.
- Show your team how to perform processes, or demonstrate a quick tutorial on anything that needs to be done cutting out the back-and-forth email communication you would usually use.
- You simply create a video of what you would like to demonstrate, you can even talk throughout the video while demonstrating the task.
- It is an awesome tool for managing remote teams and ensuring there is no miscommunication on how to perform and complete a task.
- Loom is at the top of my list when it comes to tools for managing remote teams and freelancers, especially if there is a bit of a communication barrier which is very possible in this global world of hiring remote workers.
- Check out loom here.
Those are my 5 awesome tools to help with managing your remote team's performance.
If you're turning business away because you don't have the team and time to cope and are struggling at hiring. I created a FREE course, The Basics Of Remote Hiring - to help teach you how to hire more efficiently and easily, so you can get back to working on the things that matter most.
Read the course curriculum and join here
Until next time, I am wishing you peace, happiness, freedom, and success.
CEO of Scaling Up Simplified
#remotehiring #remotebusiness #futureofwork #lifeoffreedom